When it comes to home plumbing and heating, you are likely to hear a whole host of terms which may not make much sense. One of the most common things you may hear about is the combi boiler, but what exactly are they and how do they work?
In this article, we are going to be looking at what a combi boiler is and the benefits that it can bring to your home. This information will assist you in being able to find the best combi boiler for you.
In the most simple terms a combi boiler, which is also known by its full name – the combination boiler, is an appliance which is used to heat both water and act as a central heating boiler, all in one rather than using two separate units. They are common in many homes around the world and have a lot of advantages.
How Does A Combi Boiler Work?
This type of boiler is super efficient since it begins heating water from the mains as soon as a tap is turned on within the home. This means that unlike other systems, a storage cylinder for hot water or a storage tank for cold water is not required, saving a lot of space.
When it comes to controlling the central heating, a combi boiler will work with the thermostat in the house. It is as simple as setting your chosen temperature and waiting for the combi boiler to send the heated water to your radiators.
What Are The Benefits Of The Combi Boiler?
As we mentioned, the combi boiler saves a lot of space in the home due to not needing any extra storage space for water. But this is not the only advantage to installing this type of heating system. Let’s take a look at some of the other advantages of the combi boiler.
- Combi boilers are much more energy efficient. Due to the fact that they are left on stand by and only heat up when it is required, you will notice a drop in your energy bill.
- With other types of boilers which require water tanks being stored in loft space, there is the risk of pipes becoming frozen and this can interfere with performance. This risk is completely eliminated with a combi boiler.
- The combi boiler can be especially useful in smaller homes with less space.
- Installation of a combi boiler is generally cheaper than other types, again this is down to the lack of pipework that is required.
- The water pressure with a combi boiler is much higher, therefore allowing you to have excellent power when taking a shower.
- A combi boiler delivers hot water at a very fast rate. This is ideal for the modern lifestyle where waiting around isn’t an option.
When thinking about installing a combi boiler, there are many advantages you might consider such as space saving and a lower running cost. It is, however important to be aware of how the combi boiler works and what it is used for.
Get a Free Boiler Installation Quote
Looking to get a combi boiler installed in your home? You can quickly compare quotes by using our online quote engine which sends your details to local and national tradesmen who can quote on the job, saving you the time and hassle of doing the research yourself. This way you can easily compare prices and find the option best suited to your needs: