Are you looking to purchase yourself a new petrol pressure washer? Well, sit back and relax, because we’ve done all the hard work for you and research the products thoroughly to find the best petrol pressure washers available. In this article we’ll go into depth on what exactly you should consider when buying a petrol pressure washer and a look into our top 7 pressure washer choices which includes the product descriptions, main features, why we’ve chosen it and a look into the reviews.
This article is quite a long one, so we don’t blame you for wanting to cut to the chase. You can quickly navigate to the section that best suits your requirements by clicking one of the links below:
- Quick best petrol pressure washer overview
- Petrol pressure washers buying guide
- 7 Best petrol pressure washers (In-depth)
- Frequently asked questions
Not interested in reading about our product choices in depth, simply want to know what they are? Well without any further ado, here are our 7 best petrol pressure washers for you. You can click the “Find Out More” links at the end of each of them to read the in-depth product breakdown:
- Wilks Genuine USA TX625 Petrol Pressure Washer – 7.0HP 3950psi / 272Bar – Find out more
- Petrol Pressure Washer – 208cc Engine – 3100 PSI – Find out more
- Wilks Genuine USA TX750i Petrol Pressure Washer – 8.0HP 3950psi / 272Bar – Find out more
- Petrol Pressure Washer Powered by Honda GP 200-2900 PSI – Find out more
- DEALOURUS TX-PRO 2020 Petrol Pressure Washer – Find out more
- WASPPER Petrol Pressure Washer 3000 PSI – Find out more
If you’re looking into buying a petrol pressure washer then you may have some questions and want to understand more about what it entails, the best one, if it’s better than electric and so on! We’ve put together this comprehensive guide on the subject, covering everything you need to know and ensuring you are fully informed before making any purchase.
About petrol pressure washers
Petrol pressure washers are very similar to electric pressure washers, they work in almost the same exact way. You simply connect your hose to the pressure washer and any detergent if you are using it. Then you can fire up the engine, the only difference to electric being that obviously it has a petrol engine which pumps the water in, when it reaches the desired pressure it will fire it out the hose.
Pressure washers are excellent, they get rid of hard dirt and grime that a standard hose simply isn’t able to. They are also much more efficient than if you were to use a hose as you will use a lot less water in cleaning the area due to the pressure.
What is the best petrol pressure washer
Well we’ve been doing our research, looking into a wide range of products, their descriptions, reviews, and some of their features and after hours of looking through, we believe we’ve found the best one for you.
If you don’t want to read through this rather large article and find out everything you need to know, and simply skip to the best product, then here is our top pick: Wilks Genuine USA TX625 Petrol Pressure Washer – 7.0HP 3950psi / 272Bar
What brands of petrol pressure washers are there?
There are a lot of different brands of petrol pressure washers that you can choose from, they vary in quality and price. There where a few main brands that repeatedly came up in our research, which we’ve written about below and given a quick overview for you:
- WASPPER: These are a relatively new brand to petrol pressure washing, but they brand themselves as a premium company who also mention that they are No.1 in the industry on their website.
- Wolf: This brand have been around since 1900, producing no nonsense tools and machinery and have a reliable pressure washing range.
- Wilks: These are one of the fastest growing pressure washing companies in the world, made of high quality robust materials that are trusted by professionals.
- ParkerBrand: A small business based in Lincolnshire who develop a wide range of intelligently designed tools.
- Evolution Power Tools: This company traditionally specialised in steel dry cutting technology but have branched out and have a wide range of power tools.
- Draper: Another UK tool company that started back in 1919, well known for their affordable range of power tools.
- Honda: Well you must have heard of Honda, they have developed fantastic engines on a massive range of equipment for years, tried and tested.
- Briggs & Stratton: A US based company who work under several different brand names, they are a leading manufacturer of residential & commercial lawn equipment.
- Hyundai Again, just like Honda, another brand you have probably heard of. They develop engines for a wide range of tools and are extremely reliable.
Are petrol pressure washers better than electric?
It’s hard to say, both petrol and electric pressure washers have their own benefits. We would generally suggest that Electric pressure washers are suited to the everyday user who just wants to clean their car or patio, they’re quieter and generally a bit easier to use because they don’t require fuel, they’re also generally lighter so it’s easier to carry around for use in your home and garden. The problem with them, which may be why you are here, is of course that you need to plug them into the mains which sometimes just isn’t feasible in certain scenarios, which is where the need for petrol pressure washers come in.
Petrol pressure washers can be extremely useful when you can’t access mains power, which is normal in professional use or for large homes. They are much more heavy duty and typically more powerful than their electric counterparts so are often the choice for much larger jobs, on top of that they generally don’t use that much fuel. These are a great option if you require the mobility on offer.
What to look for in a petrol pressure washer
How did we decide on the best petrol pressure washer? Well, we had to research into what the major things that you need to consider when looking into buying one are, essentially, what are the features you should be most concerned about? Here are the things that matter:
- Horsepower: This is one of the main things that you should look at. The Horsepower (HP) is essentially the power in which the engine can deliver, the higher the horsepower the better the pressure capacity. You should check the pressure washer for it’s HPm PSI & GPM. Typically for domestic use 5HP will be fine, but professional users might want to aim more towards the 6.5HP mark.
- Volume: GPM is the gallons per minute, and in other words volume, this measurement determine how much water the machine can discharge at any given minute, it’s the main way of viewing how effective your pressure washer is going to be.
- Pressure: We’ve touched on this, but the pressure is measured in PSI (Pounds per square inch). Although it’s the lesser important of the three units behind the GPM & HP, it’s still a measure of how the pressure washer will perform.
- Pump: You want to ensure that the pump itself is built by a reputable manufacturer, especially if you are spending a lot of money on the product. Choose a good brand to ensure quality. The telltale signs of a high quality pump are ceramic plungers, thermal relief valves and brass heads.
- Shaft (Vertical / Horizontal): It’s important to consider the direction of the engine shaft. Vertical shafts tend to have a bit of a shorter life, although they are cheaper, horizontal shafts are the opposite. If you are using it for commercial purposes, pick horizontal.
Other things to consider
Now we’ve covered what to look for in the pressure washer itself, to choose a good quality one, what else should you be considering? Here are a few of the other factors:
- Brand: Be sure to pick a brand that you know you can trust, particularly who the engine is developed by. If you don’t know the brand, it doesn’t necessarily mean you shouldn’t trust them, just make sure that you do their research and check their range of products.
- Budget: Now I guess this kind of goes without saying, we’ve picked out the best petrol pressure washers we can for the price that they are, but you can only buy what your budget dictates. We mentioned the factors to consider above, but they are in order of importance, so in order to go for a cheaper model, sacrifice certain aspects in that order.
- Features & Extras: Mufflers, easy starts, spray tips. Petrol pressure washers all come with different extras and additional features, so make sure that you look into what you’re getting.
- Reviews: Like we said, you may not know the brands, especially if you’ve never had a petrol pressure washer before, so the best thing to do is read people’s reviews and experiences in order to find out the quality of the product, again we’ve factored this into our list of best petrol pressure washers.
What’s the most powerful petrol pressure washer?
We mentioned that for standard use at a domestic property, 5HP will be more than enough, and that you should stretch to 6.5HP if you are looking for more commercial use. That being said, that isn’t quite as powerful as they can get.
There are quite a few options that exceed 13HP, for really heavy duty use. We haven’t included the most powerful petrol pressure washer that we’ve found in our list, however if you want to find out more about it, you can do so here:
Which oil do you use in a petrol pressure washer?
When you use heavy duty machinery such as petrol pressure washers, you’re typically required to keep the oil topped up. Often, tools won’t tell you what kind of oil you need, which can be frustrating. Generally speaking in petrol pressure washers you can use all purpose engine oils which the SAE30 type is recommended when the temperature is 5C, but if it falls below this you might want to use 10W-30 oil instead as this will operate better at lower temperatures.
Benefits of petrol pressure washers
There are several benefits to choosing a petrol pressure washer over a traditional electric one for example, here are a few:
- More mobility
- Doesn’t require being plugged into mains electric
- Generally more powerful
- Uses a low amount of fuel
- Heavier duty models
- Suitable for commercial use
Disadvantages of petrol pressure washers
There are times when a petrol pressure washer may not be suitable for you, and instead it could be more beneficial to use an electric one instead. Here are the general disadvantages:
- They are louder than electric models
- Heavier to drag around
- They need to be maintained more regularly
- Perhaps not as suitable for home use
Now the part we hope you’ve been waiting for! After hours and hours of research we have managed to find what we consider to be the best petrol pressure washers available based on their descriptions, brand, features, price and reviews. We’ve gone into detail on each of them for you below:
This product by Wilks is a fantastic, unbeatable, reliable and high performance model from the market leading brand. The TX625 is an extremely maneuverable unit and can take on even the toughest of terrain with its robust features, meaning it’s suitable for just about any scenario you throw at it. It’s got a strong steel frame to encase the engine and make sure that the washer stays safe even with the heaviest of duty use.
It was an easy choice to pick this as number one in our best petrol pressure washers list. It’s got a remarkable motor with 3,950 PSI produced from the 210cc 4 stroke engine, along with a very powerful 7HP making it suitable for commercial use if required. It’s power means it breezes through any job you throw at it, and it also keeps running costs to a minimum with a very low fuel consumption.
Not sold yet? Well it comes fully loaded with a lot of accessories with different lances and 5 different nozzles all included as well as a detergent pipe. It also comes with a self propelled drain cleaner, and can feed from a tap or even a pond if required. It’s built with a solid steel frame, has an automatic stop and start pump and a 20 meter durable hose.
If you are interested in this model, we’ve detailed some of the main features and selling points for you below:
- 12 months warranty which shows confidence in the product
- Super easy to use & extremely portable
- Includes 5 different nozzles and a few lances
- Extremely powerful 7HP engine with 3,950PSI
- Four stroke reliability and fuel efficiency
Why we have chosen it?
This model is fantastic, it was pretty easy for us to place it first in the list. It offers the power of a commercial petrol pressure washer, but at the price of a domestic, and from a very well known brand in the industry as well. It’s also got some excellent reviews, and the warranty included is a testament to its quality and shows you that they are confident of its reliability, a lot of heavy duty tools don’t come with this kind of warranty.
You don’t just have to take our word for it when it comes to choosing this product at the top of our list, you can simply read all the excellent reviews. It has a very high rating on Amazon and has been reviewed by hundreds.
Before buying the product, especially when you are spending this much, be sure to read through the reviews. Try find a reviewer who details an experience similar in what you plan on using the product for, to give you the best insight.
You can see all the reviews by clicking the button below:
This ParkerBrand petrol pressure washer is a redesign of their 2017 model, with enhanced features & an established reputation.
It’s a powerful model with a four stroke engine that is more than suitable for commercial use with 6.5HP coupled with a max PSI of 3,000. It’s a compact model and is easy to use and transport with larger wheels than the previous model and foam handle for comfort reasons.
This model comes with an 8 metre hose so it’s really flexible in the fact you should be able to reach anywhere you need, and get rid of the dirt even in those hard to reach areas. It also has a great lance that offers multiple options and settings capable of getting rid of even the most stubborn of stains.
This model operates with a flow rate of 11L/pm and is very economical. This Lincolnshire based company have really pulled out all the stop on this model & are even offering a warranty.
Skim reading & just passing through? We’ve picked out some of the main features of this ParkerBrand model for you below:
- Four stroke engine that’s petrol powered (6.5HP)
- Maximum setting of 3,100PSI
- Soap dispenser
- Large wheels for improved mobility
- 8M hose
Why we have chosen it?
This ParkerBrand model has a lot of extras and is very powerful, so it should more than do for commercial and domestic use. It’s also at a great price point in comparison with some of the others on this list and coupled with that has some fantastic reviews, so if you’re looking for a slightly cheaper model than the one above, this one is the right choice!
Before buying the product, always make sure that you read all the reviews and try to find someone who is using it for a similar thing you plan on doing.
You can easily read all the reviews, both positive and negative, by clicking the button below:
Another reliable Wilks petrol pressure washer makes our list with another fantastic entry, the TX750i. It’s an easy to maneuver unit and just like the model we feature above is robust, great for all terrains and covered by a steel frame, to ensure it’ll never let you down.
This amazing model offers 3950 PSI with it’s quality 210cc four stroke engine that offers 8HP, which means that it’s powerful enough to be suitable for both commercial and domestic use. It’s got a fantastic design that as well as being reliable also has low fuel consumption and keeps running costs low.
Just like the other model this comes with fully loaded accessories, click & go nozzles, 6L detergent tank, it can feed from a tap or pond, is built in a very robust way and has a 30m durable hose.
Want to find out what some of the main features of this Wilks petrol pressure washer model TX750i are? We’ve listed them for you below:
- Powerful 8HP 4 stroke – 3950 PSI engine
- 12 months warranty
- Comes with five snap in nozzles
- Easily maneuverable and usable – you won’t have a problem getting in the tightest of areas
- Recoil pull start
Why we have chosen it?
You might be wondering why this isn’t top in our list, and we’ve chosen to put the less powerful one first. The reason really is that the less powerful one we feature in first is capable enough to take on any job, and it’s a slightly lower price. If you want to spend a bit more, for a bit more power, then this is the right option for you.
If you’re considering buying this Wilks products, as we’ve detailed, they’ve got a good reputation for producing quality products. That being said, you should always make sure that you read all the reviews both positive and negative to get a full picture from people who have actually experienced using it.
You can do so by clicking the button below:
✦ Petrol Pressure Washer ✦ Powered by Honda GP 200-2900 PSI 196cc Petrol Engine Powered High Pressure Portable Jet Sprayer W2900HA ✦ Premium Power Car & Patio Cleaner
This petrol pressure washer is actually developed by a brand called WASPERR who are actually quite well known in the industry itself, they have a wide range of different petrol pressure washers to choose from, but this one comes with a bit of a twist, which we’ll explain.
It’s built in a supposedly indestructible steel frame which provides it with the durability required for heavy use, which is especially important if you are using this in a commercial capacity. It features a light brass pump and is designed solely to maintain maximum performance.
This is the twist, most WASPERR products come with their own engine, however this is fit with an extremely reliable HONDA 196cc engine, which can operate at 2900PSI, 200 bar pressure and 8.5 lpm flow rate. The main thing you know you’re getting with Honda however is reliability and quality performance.
This model offers the ability for one handed operation with it’s 40cm stainless steel extension lance which you can use with the spray gun to achieve 3200 PSI and 220 bar pressure. It also comes with quick coupling and M22 connectors which just makes pressure washing simple.
Want to find out a little bit more about this WASPERR & Honda hybrid model? Here’s a quick overview of some of the features:
- 24 month warranty
- Powerful Honda engine fitted
- Comes with extra oil
- A variety of extra coupling nozzles
- The gun comes with a 40cm extension lance for those hard to reach areas
Why we have chosen it?
We’ve chosen this because it’s a great combination of a well known brand in WASPERR & the always reliable manufacturer who have produced the engine, Honda, which made us choose it above other WASPERR models. It offers a great deal of extras and is at a really low price point for what you are getting.
Interested in finding out more about this particular product? The best way of doing so is by reading all the reviews you can, both positive and negative, to get people’s true experience in using the product itself.
You can find out more by clicking the button below:
DEALOURUS TX-PRO 2020 Petrol Pressure Washer – 8.0HP 3950psi / 272Bar Petrol Engine Powered High Pressure Portable Jet Sprayer ✦ Premium Power & Build Quality Car & Patio Cleaner
You might not have heard of this brand, and we don’t blame you, we hadn’t either! Dealourus have been around for a fair while however, they have 7 years experience in the industry and are a UK based company. This pressure washer is the surprise package, it’s excellent quality packed into a cheap price.
It offers a 8HP engine, which is more than enough for commercial & domestic use. It’s powered by a four stroke petrol engine that comes with OHV technology, which essentially means it’s quieter and more fuel efficient.
Along with it’s great engine, it offers some good features. It has a quick release hose reel which makes it very easy to wind in and out. It also comes with five different snap in nozzles which are colour coded and can be used for a variety of different jobs. It’s easy to actually use, with its quick start guide which is actually on the unit itself.
It’s easy to lug around as well, it’s got some rather large rubber wheels which makes it easy to move around all kinds of terrains.
If you’re interested in purchasing this Dealourus pressure washer, we’ve pulled together some of its main selling points for you below:
- Maximum pressure of 3950PSI
- Powerful 8HP engine that produces 3600rpm
- Comes with 5 unique pressure nozzles along with a free turbo nozzle
- 2 hoses included
- Lots of extras such as gutter lance, straight lance, extra fuel tank and more
Why we have chosen it?
This petrol pressure washer, although perhaps not produced by the most well known of brands, is a fantastic model with a very powerful engine. It also comes with some great extras and offers a very maneuverable unit which could be priority for some. It’s an excellent addition to our list.
The Dealourus is great and the reviews show this. We always go on about the fact you should check both the positive and negative reviews, but at the time of researching this product we couldn’t actually find any negative reviews, which, believe me, rarely happens.
If you’re interested in reading the reviews, you can do so by clicking the button below:
WASPPER ✦ Petrol Pressure Washer 3000 PSI ✦ 196cc Petrol Engine Powered High Pressure Portable Jet Sprayer FGH205 ✦ Premium Power & Build Quality Car & Patio Cleaner
We did tell you that we would feature another WASPERR product, they are high quality and a reputable brand, although this one doesn’t have a Honda engine. This particular model is great, and WASPERR are willing to put their money where their mouth is, stating that it is built to last and will last at the very least 5 years longer than any like for like electric models, a big statement! They are more than confident it will serve you for years to come.
This powerful engine offers a 3000PSI figure at 205 bar and has a flow rate of 9lpm. It offers amazing cleaning power and will mean that your time cleaning is significantly reduced, what used to take hours, will only take minutes.
Similarly to the other model, it also comes with a metal spray gun and a 40cm extension which is made of stainless steel and can increase the rate to 3200PSI at 220 bar. It offers quick coupling and M22 connectors along with the product as well.
If you’re wanting to skim read through, we’ve picked out some of the main features of this model for you below:
- This model offers 3000PSI
- Comes with a free bottle of 0.6L 10w40 engine oil
- 24 months manufacturer’s warranty, there really confident in this product
- They also provide a metal spray gun with a 40cm steel extension lance
- There confident it will last at least 5 years longer than electric models
Why we have chosen it?
We’ve chosen this because, well we couldn’t make a petrol pressure washer list without the well known brand WASPERR now could we? This product has made it on it’s own merits, with a great engine, some fantastic features and positive reviews. It’s also priced very reasonably for what you get.
Overall the reviews for this product are positive, but there are a few differences of opinion you should definitely check out before buying it.
You can read all the reviews by simply clicking the button below:
We’ve gone into a lot of detail and answered several common questions in our petrol pressure washers buying guide, however there may be some lasting ones. Here we’ve pulled together some of the most common questions that we haven’t previously answered:
What Horsepower do I need for my petrol pressure washer?
It depends on what you are using the pressure washer for, if it’s general domestic and light use we would recommend around 5HP, however if you are looking for more commercial use 6.5HP+.
A cheaper pressure washer has a better PSI than a more expensive one, why?
The PSI isn’t the main indicator of quality, in fact it’s the last thing you should look at. You should be more concerned with the Horsepower & the volume (GPM) as well as the quality of the motor.
How reliable are petrol pressure washers?
They can be extremely reliable and last several years if you maintain them and take care of them.
How heavy are petrol pressure washers?
Petrol pressure washers can be heavy, they range depending on the product but they are usually around 30kg+. If weight concerns you, they are usually on wheels and easy to move, but you may also want to consider electric, as they are a lot lighter.