Finding the right paint is never simple, especially in today’s age when there appears to be an infinite number of paint brands and finishes to choose from. We have carried out in-depth research over several weeks to produce this list, so you can rest assured that it is accurate and unbiased. The ideal white gloss paint should be durable, versatile, and capable of covering a variety of surfaces. It should be easy to apply and offer good value for money compared with the competition. The best white gloss paint should also have a creamy consistency that perfects high-gloss finishes.
What is gloss paint?
Gloss paint is a type of paint that has a smooth, usually high-shine finish. Gloss paints tend to be opaque and do not show upstrokes or brush marks. Popular colours in the UK are often selected from white paint rather than other shades because white shows up well against most backdrops and doesn’t hide the newly decorated surface easily. The best white gloss paint should be perfect for creating a high-shine finish. Matt, satin, and eggshell are three other paint finish types with less sheen than gloss. These finishes are popular for their lower cost and water-resistant properties. Eggshell paint is technically a form of gloss, but it does not have the same high sheen as other kinds of gloss.
How to apply gloss paint
A can of gloss paint usually includes instructions for applying it to the wall or other surface. The following are steps to follow when applying white gloss paint:
- Prepare the surface to be painted by removing old paint, dirt, and grease. If the wall is new, you may only need to quickly wash it with detergent and water.
- Fill any holes and cracks with primer and allow it to dry before continuing.
- Apply the base coat with a roller or paintbrush, and then let it dry for at least half an hour (longer if possible).
- Apply the clear gloss paint with a brush working from top to bottom of the wall or surface.
- Small gloss paint projects can be finished in just one day, but you may need to apply two coats of paint to cover the area completely. Larger surfaces will take several days to dry between each coat and before they are decorated.
How long does glossy paint last?
The best white gloss paint should provide protection against damage or show up easily against the backdrop. Glossy paint is more prone to scratching, fading, and chipping than other finishes, but it will also last longer if you use a high-quality product. Most gloss paints have a life expectancy of 2-5 years when applied properly and with the right surface underneath.
Our best white gloss paints reviews
Dulux has developed its Quick Dry Gloss Paint to provide you with a professional quality paint that dries up in no time. The special formula allows the white gloss to dry much faster than other products, saving your time and making your work more efficient.
It has been recognized as the finest white gloss paint by experts, who prefer it to other similar products because of its high brightness and smooth finish. Get your hands on it as soon as possible to enjoy the wonders it may perform.
The following are the key features of this white gloss paint:
- The Dulux White Gloss paints are quick-drying products that allow you to work faster and more efficiently without the paint drying off.
- The ultimate white gloss does offer not only high opacity but also a bright finish due to its special titanium pigments. It leaves you with a brilliant result that is both clean and smart looking.
- Quick-drying formula, saving your time
- High opacity provides good coverage in one coat.
- Brilliant white finish due to the special titanium pigment
- The Dulux Quick Dry Gloss Paint can be used on interior and exterior surfaces such as wood and metal.
- It is incredibly easy to apply, and you do not need to sand or prime before. It dries up very quickly to be ready to use again in no time.
Why we have chosen it
Thanks to its special resins, this quick-dry gloss paint for wood and metal leaves a smooth finish thanks to its special resins. This impressive feature makes it easy to evenly spread the paint, leaving you with no marks on the surface after you are done painting.
The Quick Dry Gloss Paint glides perfectly over all surfaces, making your work easier than ever before. It also helps improve your result, as you can cover the surface more efficiently and without leaving traces behind. The special formula of Dulux Quick Dry Gloss makes it a high-quality product suitable for several kinds of surfaces, including those that are painted with water-based paint or some other type of sealer. Focus on your work without having to worry whether the paint will peel off or not.
The Quick Dry Gloss Paint has a nice fragrance that allows you to work without affecting your health. The product is free of xylene and toluene, two substances responsible for causing central nervous system issues like headache and vomiting. This paint provides you with the best protection as it does not emit any harmful gases.
Being a very conscious product about its environmental features, Dulux Quick Dry Gloss Paint does not contain VOC emissions that can affect your health or the environment you live in. It also features reduced CO emission levels and contributes to LEED certification.
Read opinions about this product, and you will receive evidence of what we mean when we say that Dulux Quick Dry Gloss Paint is an excellent choice. Customers who tried the product only have good words to say as it covers perfectly, leaving a smooth finish behind. However, other users feel that the product is not perfect for exterior use, but it works well on interior surfaces.
Johnstone’s 423316 Quick-Dry Gloss paint features a bright finish suitable for most interiors. It is a versatile product that can be used on wood, metal and even plastic surfaces.
This high quality quick dry gloss paint provides excellent hiding power with a very smooth surface after being applied. The water-based formula allows the paint to be used on several types of surfaces, such as those painted with a different type of paint or a layer of sealer.
Focus on your work without having to worry about whether the paint will peel off before you finish repainting the surface. This high quality quick dry gloss paint for wood and metal comes with a nice fragrance that does not affect your health. The product is free of Xylene and Toluene, two substances responsible for causing central nervous system issues like headache and vomiting. This paint provides you with the best protection as it does not emit any harmful gases.
The main features are:
- It has a low odour with a water-based formulation.
- It dries up very quickly to be ready to use again in no time: one to two hours.
- It provides excellent hiding power and a smooth finish after application.
- The paint offers a non-yellowing finish.
- It is suitable for most surfaces, including wood, metal and plastic.
Why we have chosen it
Johnstone’s 423316 Quick-Dry Gloss paint is a high-quality product that can be used on several types of surfaces. It dries up quickly and provides an excellent hiding power with a smooth finish after application. The water-based formula allows the paint to be applied on surfaces that have been painted with a different type of paint or layer of sealer. This high-quality, quick-dry gloss for wood and metal does not emit harmful gases, which makes it an excellent choice for your needs.
Also, it features a non-yellowing finish, and it is suitable for most surfaces.
Customers who have used this product seem satisfied with the paint. However, there are others who have complained about the product being too thin and not covering properly. It has been said that it is better applied with a brush rather than using the roller.
Rust-Oleum AMZ0001 Paint is very versatile and easy to use. It is a non-toxic paint that is water and alcohol-based, so it does not emit any harmful gases and can be used in rooms with children without fear of them coming into contact with toxic substances.
This high quality quick dry gloss paint provides excellent hiding power and a smooth finish after application. The water-based formula allows the paint to be applied on surfaces that have been painted with a different type of paint or layer of sealer.
The paint is suitable for most surfaces, including wood and furniture.
Below are the key elements of this product:
- The high-quality paint has a bright finish.
- It is Toy-Safe certified.
- The water-based formula is suitable for interior wood and furniture surfaces.
- It dries up very quickly, so you can re-coat the surface soon after painting it.
- This high quality quick dry gloss paint for wood and metal adheres to most surfaces without peeling off.
Why we have chosen it
This is an excellent paint for anyone looking for good quality gloss paint with multi-surface flexibility and quick-dry properties. This high quality quick dry gloss paint for wood and metal adheres to most surfaces without peeling off. It provides a durable finish and is very easy to use. It is Toy-Safe certified, so you do not have to worry about your children coming into contact with harmful chemicals.
It has a bright finish and is suitable for most surfaces, including wood and metal furniture. It dries up very quickly and can be re-coated after a couple of hours.
Most people who left positive reviews appreciate the quality and quick drying time, allowing them to apply several coats without waiting too long. However, some customers had difficulty applying the paint on surfaces sealed with other paints or lacquers.
The One paint dries up very quickly, which gives you the possibility to apply more coats without having to wait too long.
This white gloss paint is suitable for most surfaces, including brick, masonry, metal, plastic, UPVC and wood. It has a smooth finish after application, and it features an environmentally friendly formula that emits no harmful toxic gases in your home when used properly.
The selling points of this white gloss include:
- The paint adheres to most surfaces without peeling off.
- It provides a smooth finish and is very easy to use.
- This high quality quick dry gloss for wood and metal is environmentally friendly, and it does not emit any harmful gases in your home when used properly.
- The high-quality white gloss provides excellent hiding power and a smooth finish after application.
- It features a water-based formula suitable for painting most surfaces, making it environment-friendly paint.
- You will not need premiers or undercoats when using this paint.
- Its non-toxic nature makes this paint reliable and ideal for use in different places.
Why we have chosen it
We went for this paint because it provides excellent hiding power, is suitable for most surfaces, and gives you the possibility to apply several coats without having to wait too long. It is also very easy to use. You will need one coat in most cases, saving you money and paint.
This environment-friendly paint features a water-based formula ideal for painting most surfaces, making it eco-friendly. It has a smooth finish after application and dries up very quickly, so you can apply more coats without having to wait too long.
The vast majority of customers who have used this paint are pleased with its quality and the fact that it dries up very quickly. However, some people feel tempted to apply more coats to get a more intense white colour, so they find themselves having to wait long periods of time between painting sessions.
The Weathershield Exterior High Gloss from Dulux provides a beautiful high gloss finish and guarantees 10-year weather protection if the surfaces are in good condition before application. The waterproof paint film is mould resistant, flexible, and scratch-resistant. This helps your paint job stay looking better for longer than regular Dulux gloss paints.
As the name suggests, this high-gloss exterior paint is suitable for outdoor walls and fences. However, it can also be applied on virtually all surfaces, including wood. It features Dulux Weathershield technology designed to protect your paint job even in extreme weather conditions. The White 750 ml paint requires only one coat to give you the Pure Brilliant White colour you want for your home.
- Flammable liquids and gases
- May lead to dizziness and drowsiness
- Repeated contact may result in skin dryness or cracking.
According to Dulux’s website, Weathershield paint provides the following features:
- It resists fading from UV rays for a longer period of time.
- It is scratch, mould, and cracks resistant.
- The paint also provides excellent coverage that does not fade.
- It is a solvent-based paint.
Why we have chosen it
Weathershield Exterior Paint offers a range of beautiful colours for your exterior needs. The colour possibilities are endless, from primary blues to vibrant purples and reds to fresh greens. There’s a matte finish for any decoration style – from modern to traditional and everything in between. The high-quality paint is waterproof and mould resistant, making it a great choice for your exterior decoration needs.
It also provides 10-year weather protection, which is a huge advantage. This exterior paint is ideal for decks, porches and pool areas. The paint has a subtle sheen and can be applied on brick, wood or stucco.
The majority of customers have positively reviewed this product, which indicates that it is a high-quality product, especially when you consider that most people have rated it with five stars. People simply love the beautiful range of colours, and they are also very satisfied with its weather protection.
People who did not like this product complained about the fact that Dulux uses solvent in their paint, which means that if your project requires more than one can, you will have to wait for the paint to dry before using another.
We believe that this buyer’s guide covers the ideal white gloss paint for both exterior and interior surfaces. The five products we have covered in the article all offer paint with a high-quality finish, and they also dry up very quickly.
You can always do more research if you feel that you are not satisfied with any of the products we mentioned, and you may find yourself a product that is more suitable for your needs. However, we believe that if you want the best white gloss paint, any of the products we covered here should be a good choice for you.