This guide will cover different models of lawnmowers under the Spear & Jackson brand. The guide will help you have more than one option when it comes to decision making. Spear & Jackson lawnmowers are available in different categories: corded, cordless, and petrol lawnmowers. All these categories of lawnmowers are manual, electric or petrol-powered. Depending on your needs, you will have a chance to choose a lawnmower appropriate for your garden requirements.
This review will outline the main features, describe all the products, and give the pros and cons for each lawnmower. From our best lawnmowers, you will easily decide which lawnmower you think is suitable for your needs. You will also quickly get to know how much each cost on Amazon here in the UK in order to purchase a lawnmower that is right for your budget. Also, comparing prices is going to be an easier task for you.
Who are Spear and Jackson
Spear and Jackson is a tool group that operates in different countries worldwide, such as the UK, France, Australia, and Asian countries, including China.
Spear and Jackson UK manufactures and sells hand, contractors, garden, landscaping, agricultural, and professional tools from its processing unit, which is based in Sheffield city, since 1760. The company has more than 250 years of experience with a great reputation for what it produces. It delivers some of the leading products on the market that are of high quality and offer incredible performance to fulfil your various needs.
Currently, it concentrates on designing, manufacturing, assembling, procuring, selling, and distributing a wide range of tools. The following are the major categories of their tools:
- Outdoor living
- Garden tools
- Hand contractor tools
The Spear and Jackson brand has widened its international reach, and it is selling its products in over 100 countries around the world. This means that it is a globally recognised brand, so it has an advantage of buyer’s confidence in the market.
Spear and Jackson developed a brand licensing programme with high-quality business partners to support its “ Outdoor Living” concept. The programme has helped maintain their powerful brand recognition with a landmark heritage to work with various manufacturers and street retailers to develop new categories of products, including outdoor cleaning fluids, garden power tools, painting tools, decorating tools, and many others.
Their innovation in different tools has made them develop distinct models of tools in different categories. For example, in the categories of garden tools, we may have various garden tools for various purposes like lawn aerators for aerating your garden and lawnmowers for cutting long grass. Under lawn aerators, we have different versions or models to deliver the same work in different ways, and the same case applies to lawnmowers. Under this guide, we are going to look at different models of Spear and Jackson lawnmowers.
Our Spear & Jackson lawnmowers reviews
Spear & Jackson – 37cm Corded Rotary Lawnmower is 1600W with 37 cm steel blade and incredible grass collection innovation for excellent grass cutting and collection delivery. This lawnmower is ideal for both medium-sized to large lawns. The combo located on the side of the lawnmower brushes your lawn’s grass into the blades to allow you to cut right up to the edge of your lawn to reduce the levels of trimming that would be required.
The lawnmower is equipped with a height adjustment feature that allows you to quickly change its cutting height that is suitable for your lawn. The central cut height adjustment enables you to switch from one cutting height to another easily. It has seven cutting heights ranging from 2.5 cm to 7 cm. You can operate on different types of lawns with this lawnmower with varying heights of grass.
Spear & Jackson – 37cm Corded Rotary Lawnmower – 1600W is designed with a built-in rear roller that allows you to get a precise and professional striped finish for an aesthetic appearance. The hybrid grass collector has a capacity of 40L with a full grass indicator, which indicates when the bag needs to be emptied. With this lawnmower, you will get a soft-grip and ergonomic handle that will give you comfort while working. It comes with a 12 m power cable which is extra-long, and you will not need an extension cable.
- Model number: S1637ER.
- Cutting heights: 2.5cm-7cm.
- Grass collection capacity: 40L
- power cable length: 12m
- Weight: 16kg.
From the product description, we picked the following main features that make this lawnmower one of the best Spear & Jackson lawnmowers:
- This lawnmower will help you achieve a clean, professional striped finish as it is equipped with a rear roller.
- The grass collector is relatively large; hence it reduces the number of times you empty it. Your lawnmower has an indicator that tells you when to stop and empty the grass collector bag.
- You can work for long hours without your hand straining as the tool has a power handle that provides a comfortable grip.
- There isn’t any time restriction for mowing as long as there is a constant power supply; since it’s a corded mower.
- It is suitable for medium to larger lawns.
- It is easy to use.
- Also, easy to set up.
- It offers a close cut.
- The grass collector bag keeps falling.
- Many complain that it is not a long-lasting product.
This is a 1200W lawnmower with a 32 cm steel blade that offers a precise cut. The Spear & Jackson 32 cm lawnmower has an incredible grass collection technology like the 37 cm one. It is mostly perfect for smaller lawns. The performance of this lawn mower reduces the amount of trimming on the edges that you may need after mowing your lawn.
It has a cut height adjustment feature that enables you to quickly switch cutting heights that would be suitable for your lawn. Cut height adjustment allows you to control the height of grass you want to remain on your lawn. Five cutting heights options are available on this lawnmower, with cut heights ranging from 2 cm to 6 cm.
The built-in rear roller helps in delivering a precise and professional striped cut to your lawn. A striped finish adds to the beauty of your lawn. Since we all want a beautiful lawn, this machine will help you achieve it.
With the grass collection hybrid bag having a capacity of 30 L, it means that this lawnmower is most appropriate for small-sized lawns. It has a full indicator that shows you when you need to stop and empty it. The handles’ design ensures that you get a comfortable grip so that you do not strain your hands while working. This mower has a 12 m power cable long enough to not need an extension cable. Spear and Jackson have given their lawnmower a three-year guarantee which gives your lawnmower security.
The following are the main selling areas of this lawnmower that makes it do well on the market:
- The lawnmower is equipped with central height adjustment, which allows you to easily switch different cutting heights depending on your lawn’s needs. The cutting height ranges from two centimetres to six centimetres.
- If you want to mow a small-sized lawn, this will be a perfect lawn mower for you as it is mainly designed to handle such lawns.
- It is equipped with a rear roller which allows you to deliver a striped finish, making your lawn even more attractive.
- The ergonomic and soft-grip offered by this handle makes it comfortable working with it as your arms will hardly strain.
- With this machine, you will need an extension cable on rare occasions as it comes with a long 12 m electric cable.
- You can push this lawnmower without getting fatigued because of its lightweight design. It is made from plastic material.
- It is perfect for small-sized lawns.
- It is lightweight.
- Working and setting up this tool is easy.
- It is moulded with cheap plastic material; hence it wears out quickly.
This lawnmower is an excellent tool with a power of 1700 W and a 40 cm steel blade which is wide enough to mow large-sized lawns. The lawnmower is also created with great grass collection technology with a larger capacity. In addition, this lawnmower works by a comb on its side, brushing grass into its blades to make sure you cut the edges of your lawn to reduce the amount of trimming that may be needed after mowing is complete.
Spear & Jackson – 40cm Corded Rotary Lawnmower is designed with seven cutting heights which are easy to adjust, facilitated by an easy and quick to use central height adjustment system. The cut heights range from 2.5 cm to 7.5 cm, and you can work with the height that will be suitable for your lawn, depending on the requirements and needs.
With a built-in rear roller, the lawnmower helps you get a precise stripped finish that appears professional and standard, making your lawn more appealing to the eye. The grass collection bag capacity is 50 litres, making it one of the largest of Spear and Jackson lawnmowers. Like other Spear and Jackson lawnmowers, the collection bag has an indicator that notifies you when the bag needs to be emptied.
From what the product details, we managed to compile the following features that make this product outstanding:
- The 40 cm blade width helps you complete a large size of your lawn with less time.
- The blade is made from a durable metallic material which makes your mower serve you longer.
- The seven cutting heights of this mower with a range of between 2.5 to 2.7 cm, offers you a wide range of options that will help you fulfil your lawn’s needs.
- It has a rear roller feature for a professional and precise striped finish.
- The safety switch helps in avoiding accidents.
- It has a 12 m electric cable, long enough, and you may not need an extension cable.
- A wider mow path.
- A larger grass collector.
- The rear roller feature.
- It offers you the highest power levels.
- It does not need maintenance or servicing.
- The mower reduces the trimming needed.
- It is limited to 12 m work areas if there isn’t an extension cable.
- It works poorly on damp grass.
- It is the heaviest model weighing 18.6kg.
- Also, it is a more expensive corded model.
This cordless lawnmower gives you a run time of up to 35 minutes from a one-hour charge. The brushless motor of this Spear and Jackson lawnmower is suitable for most lawns in the UK. The comb on this mower’s side works by brushing grass into its blades so that you can cut the edge of your lawn to reduce the amount of trimming that may be needed. The battery is detachable, and it will charge in just one hour, facilitated by its fast charger.
It has an intelligent power control that automatically reacts to your grass condition to provide additional power to its brushless motor to tackle denser and rigid grass. The handle has a soft-grip and ergonomic power, which offers enhanced grip and comfort.
Like other Spear and Jackson lawnmowers on our list, this cordless mower also has a built-in rear roller for a precise, professional striped finish. The capacity of the grass collection bag is 35 litres, equipped with an indicator to show you when to stop and empty the grass bag so that it can accommodate more grass being cut.
This lawnmower allows you to change different cutting heights with central cut height adjustment quickly. The cutting height adjustment feature allows you to work with a height that suits your lawns needs. These cutting heights range from 2.2 cm to 6.2 cm. For security reasons, the manufacturer offers you a three-year guarantee like all other garden power tools.
The following are the main selling points of this product:
- It has an electric lottery motor which gives a powerful torque for improved grass cutting.
- The blade is made from durable steel; hence it will take you a while before you think about replacing it.
- The 35 L capacity collection bag is fairly large; hence you will not be emptying it after every round.
- With this lawnmower, you have an opportunity of working with five different cutting heights, meaning you will be able to work with a height that is ideal for your lawn needs.
- The battery has a fast charger, and it gets full in just one hour.
- There are no limits to working areas as you will not need an electric cable.
- It is ideal for small to medium-sized lawns.
- Since it is electric, there are no maintenance costs incurred.
- The mower comes with a charger and a detachable battery.
- It has a grass condition reaction feature.
- Equipped with a grass-full indicator.
- It is more expensive compared to corded lawnmowers.
- You need to always remember recharging the battery.
- You may need additional batteries.
- It works within a time limit of 35 minutes.
The Spear & Jackson 40V 37cm cordless lawnmower offers you a run time of up to 40 minutes. Recharging the battery of this mower takes only one hour. This lawnmower has a mulching feature responsible for ensuring grass cuttings are shredded into smaller, fine pieces. You can opt to leave the clippings on your lawn as they are too small to cause any damage to your grass: they quickly decompose into the soil.
This spear and Jackson lawnmower, 40V, is also equipped with intelligent power control to automatically react to the conditions of the grass to enhance the brushless motor’s power for dealing with denser and tough grass.
It has a built-in rear roller which helps you to get a professional striped finish. The grass collection capacity is 40 litres with a grass-full indicator to show you when the bag needs to be emptied.
With its central cut height adjustment, you can easily switch its five cutting heights, which range from 2.2 cm to 6.2 cm.
Below are the key features of this product:
- The lawnmower has an electric rotary motor for more power.
- Its cutting blade is designed with steel which is durable for longer services.
- It has a mulch function which ensures grass cuttings are cut into finer pieces that can easily decompose into the soil.
- The battery of this lawnmower provides you with 40 minutes of continuous working time.
- You can easily adjust the cutting heights of this lawnmower using the handle.
- The safety switch ensures that you are safe and your machine does not start accidentally.
- A 37 cm cut path.
- The brushless motor lasts longer.
- It delivers a striped finish.
- A longer run time.
- It comes with a battery and charger.
- Less emptying.
- It is expensive.
- Recharging time may cause delays.
- You will work within a 40 minutes time frame.
- You may require additional batteries.