Have you been looking at compact washing machines lately? Do you need a small washing machine that won’t cramp up your home space? If you’ve been thinking about this, Slimline Washing Machines will let you save on both space and energy in your homes. These are ideal washing machines for people living along, couples, and small families.
A Slimline Washing Machine is generally measured by its depth, which will usually fall between 40 cm and 55 cm. It is a narrow machine that can hold an average load of 6 kg. However, the choices are many. People also asked questions about what features an ideal compact washing machine should have.
We have answered these questions and more in our buying guide below. You can use our buying guide to judge which of the following five appliances would suit your needs best. Note the five Slimline Washing Machines that made it our list below.
Our Five Best Slimline Washing Machines
We have been on the lookout for compact Slimline washing machines that will fit into your space with a minimal footprint. Our research led us to the following five products that made it to our best five lists. Outlined below is a concise list, following which we have created a buying guide for all your questions. Read further ahead from the guide to understand each machine in detail.
- The Zanussi ZWC1301 3kg Washing Machine
- Beko WTG620M1W 6kg Washing Machine
- White Knight WM105VB 5kg Washing Machine
- Bosch WAE28262GB 6kg Washing Machine
- Candy GVS168D3 8kg Washing Machine
The Current Best Selling Small Washing Machines
Trends in tech are always changing, and new washing machines are constantly coming to the market. Not to worry, below you can find the top-selling small washing machines of at this present moment!
- 【Semi-automatic Wash Machine】Our washing machine design with semi-automatic wash system, all you need to do is to simply put your dirty clothes in, then start the machine and set the washing or spinning program. Once you set the washing machine program, just leave it alone to work and do your own staffs.
- 【2-in-1 Washer Spin Dryer】A smart combination of washer and spin dryer brings you the upgraded washing experience. After washing the clothes, you can conveniently continue to dry your clothes with this machine. Plus, the 2-in-1 machine saves space and money for an extra spin dryer, space-saving and also economical.
- 【Timing Function & Convenient Drainage】The washing machine comes with both wash and spin timer for convenient use, allowing you customize the washing according to material of the clothes to satisfy different needs. Additionally, drain hose is available to easily drain the water and keep your floor clean and tidy.
- 【Large Capacity & Powerful Performance】Featuring a large capacity of 2.5kg, the washing machine allows you to wash your clothes cleanly once. In addition, it’s equipped with an ultra-powerful 170W motor, which leaves an impressive washing performance and saves your time.
- 【Portable & Lightweight Washer】Perfect for small space such as dorm, apartment, RVs, etc, the washing machine is designed in a compact size. Thanks to that, you can conveniently store it in a bathroom or utility room. By the way, the lightweight design making it effortless to transport.
- Simple to use,only need put in your clothes and fill with water, then set the timer and start washing, with a drainage tube which allows you to easily drain out dirty water, it is environmentally friendly and energy saving
- Compact and lightweight design , makes this ideal for places where space is limited,it is suitable for camping, caravan ,dorms apartments , college rooms,student flats, small accommodation and other compact environment , easy to move and transport to anywhere when you need
- Time control design ,there are two timer switches ,You can control the washing and dry time whatever you like,the washing tub that you can set between 1-15 minutes for it. And the other dry tub which can set between 1-3 minutes
- The portable semi-auto washing machine designed with a 1300RPM powerful motor, max frequency of 50Hz, save your time to clean clothes , with twin tub dual function design, this washing machine can help save your time by washing and spinning dry loads at the same time
- Overall Dimensions:55.5CM x 37.5 CM x 59 CM,Power Supply:220v/50Hz,Total Power: 360w,Frame Material: PP+ABS,Inside Material: Stainless steel,Total capacity :4.5 KG,Washer capacity: 2.5 KG,Spin Cycle: 2 KG,please note that these postcode we are unable to delivery:BT, JE , GY , BF , IM , ZE , IV , PA , PH , PO , KW , KA , HS , FK , TR , AB
- 23 programmes
- Child lock
- 15 minute quick wash function
- Delicates function
- End of programme signal
Buying Guide for the best Slimline Washing Machine
Our buying guide includes all of the questions that people have asked us about compact washing machines. You may want to keep a book and pen or a list handy. As you read, note down the features that are your top priority while buying a Slimline Washing Machine. You can use these to scan the list of products and pick the one you love.
What Features Should I Look for in a Slimline Washing Machine?
While buying a Slimline Washing Machine, the depth of the product is the first feature that you should be mindful of. This is because most of you will buy the product so that it can fit easily into small spaces. The depth can be anywhere between 40 cm to 55 cm, depending on the brand that you pick. Further, it is important to note whether your product can fit under counters and into cupboards.
If you are really short on space, these two considerations should make it easy to identify a Slimline Washing Machine.
How Can I decide on the Capacity of the Machine?
This depends on how many people are looking at using the machine. If you live alone, you may want to consider buying a machine with a load of as little as 3kg. This will comfortably let you save on space, energy, and money.
If you are a couple, a moderate Slimline Washing Machine load of 5 kg or 6 kg may be sufficient. This load is also appropriate for small families. For larger families, the primary motive may be to get the largest possible load for a small size. Some brands make compact washing machines that can handle a load of as much as 8 kg. These appliances will most likely be your go-to option.
What Functions Should I Pay Attention to?
Most machines come with several pre-set functions that will let you wash multiple fabrics carefully. In general, you should look out for a delicate wash function. This will let you wash delicate fabrics quickly without having to spend time on hand wash.
To save time, the quick wash may also be a function that you should be mindful of. Most machines offer quick wash cycles that will let you finish a load cycle in durations below 60 minutes. Some get as low as 15 minutes.
In advanced machines, delay timers and Wifi enabled screens will let you time wash cycles even when you’re away.
How Quiet Should My Machine Be?
If you’re sensitive to loud noises or tend to wash late at night, you may want to pick the quietest Slimline Washing Machines in the market. A machine that records a sound of 45 dB to 55 dB is your best bet and will make the least amount of noise. Some washing machines only focus on their slim depth and do not make noise levels a priority.
What Should My Spin Speed Be?
As a general rule, higher spin speeds will mean lesser drying time. However, most Slimline Washing Machines have less than 1600 rpm spin speed. A spin speed of 1300 rpm or above is a good bet for short drying time.
This also follows from the previous question on noise levels. A lower spin speed will mean a quieter machine. If quietness trumps drying time in your priority list, you may want to choose a machine with a lower spin speed.
How Can I Save Energy After My Purchase?
You can save energy by considering the Energy Efficient Rating of your Slimline Washing Machine before purchasing it. A rating of A+++ is considered excellent and will let you save well on electricity and post-purchase expenses.
In addition to these questions, you may want to be mindful of the warranty period, the delay period, and special features like child lock systems. By now, you would have narrowed down the broad priority list for your best buy. Using this, read ahead to evaluate which machine is the best for your home. We have included any additional features that may enhance your washing experience in our review.
Our Five Best Choices for Slimline Washing Machines Explained
Before you read ahead, we suggest yet again that you use a priority list to compare the best features in each of the five machines below. Once you’ve done this, read the descriptions ahead to decide which Slimline Washing Machine best suits your needs.
This compact little Slimline Washing Machine is designed to easily fit into tiny spaces. For those of you living on your own, this is the perfect addition to your home with a 3 kg capacity, it can easily sort the laundry load of a single person. The footprint of this washing machine is very small and is described as 51.5 cm x 49.5 cm x 51.5 cm. This indicates the length, breadth, and depth, respectively.
As evident, this washing machine will take up minimal space in your home. You can easily place it in cupboards, under the counter, and little nooks and corners where it remains out of your way. This is also true as this is a freestanding washing machine.
Note that the machine has a 1300 rpm spin speed, which accompanies an Energy Efficiency Rating of ‘A.’ Overall, this machine will save up on both energy and water resources. It is designed to be environment-friendly.
A great feature is the automatic half load function that assesses the weight of your wash. Through this, it releases the appropriate amount of water and energy to manage your laundry.
In addition to this, it is also a noise efficient product that lets you wash quietly with a 53db noise level. This is ideal for compact homes where noise tends to circulate. There are also 16 programs available that let you wash a variety of items. These include levels for cotton, wool, and synthetics materials.
If you have a packed schedule, the 15 and 30 minutes, quick washes let you finish your laundry chores in no time.
- Perfect for compact kitchens and laundry rooms
- A 3 kg capacity that can launder about 15 t-shirts
- ideal for couples and those living alone
- 1300 rpm spin speed for reduced drying time
- A 24-hour delay timer to schedule laundry
- Energy Rating of ‘A’ to save on electricity costs
- A super quiet machine where you can even do your laundry in the dead of the night
- An LED display that is easy to read and use
- 1-year warranty period with the machine
Why Does This Washing Machine Feature On Our List?
This machine makes it to our list as it is a compact, Slimline Washing Machine that will take up very little of your space. This machine is even ideal for moving homes like caravans. In addition to this, its quick time, 24-hour delay feature, and quiet wash lets you save up on time and do your laundry chores anytime.
The reviews for the product have been great, and they appreciate its small size. Its sleek design will up the aesthetics of your kitchen. At £443.97, this Slimline Washing Machine is a great durable option for your home.
This Beko product is a Slimline Washing Machine that can handle a load of up to 6 kg. In this quick wash machine, you can clean a load of 6 kg in as little as 28 minutes. This is a great way to save money, electricity, and time.
The machine is a great addition to your home if you live alone, with a partner or a small family. The LED indicator lights are efficient indicators that let you track the status of your laundry. This also lets you track delicate fabrics as they are being washed. For families with kids, the child safety lock on the screen will prevent children from playing around with the settings.
This Slimline Washing Machine has a sleek design and is a great looker. Its compact size will let you place the machine in small spaces. It is sized at 84 cm x 60 cm x 44 cm, with depth being 44 cm.
It also keeps your clothes hygienic through its drumclean programme. This setting washes the machine’s drum at 70-degree c to get rid of any bacteria. Further, with a maximum speed of 1200 rpm spin, drying time is reduced substantially. Further, programmes like the hand wash cycle, delicates cycle, and eco wash cycle cater to your various washing needs.
- A hand wash cycle programmed for all your delicate clothes
- A quick wash cycle to save time
- Automatic half-load to adjust water quantity and time
- Child safety lock to prevent tampering of LED lights.
- Drumclean programme for the anti-bacterial treatment
- Delayed start of up to 9 hours
- Energy Efficiency Rating of A+++
- Freestanding washing machine
Why Does This Washing Machine Feature On Our List?
It made it to our list as it is a compact machine that has a good load capacity of 6 kgs. It is a great Slimline Washing Machine for your home if you want a smaller machine for more than a single person. Further, the washing programmes are designed to be able to accommodate various fabrics. Further, the drumclean feature lets you keep your machine and clothes hygienic.
The reviews for the product are positive. It is also an economical option, being quoted at £179.99. We highly recommend this Slimline Washing Machine for your home.
This Slimline Washing Machine is a glossy and trendy addition to your kitchen. Like other machines on this list, it is small in size and will fit easily into your home. With a capacity of 5 kg, this machine is an ideal appliance for couples and those living alone.
It is a freestanding appliance that possesses the dimensions of 59 cm x 50 cm x 85 cm. Here, 85 cm is the height. The depth of the machine is 51cm, accounting for its small size. It has an Energy Efficiency Rating and A+, helping you save electricity. Further, it comes with 12 programmes that allow you to wash various fabrics. It provides a quick wash option that lets you finish your laundry in 30 minutes.
It is a moderately quiet machine that has a spin rate of 1000 rpm, designed to reduce drying time. It also comes with a 12-month warranty. Further, its variable spin feature adjusts speed and energy according to the conditions in the machine. There is an automatic detergent dispenser and multiple wash settings like delicate and economy wash. The controls are in the form of buttons and dials.
- Glossy body for an aesthetic feel
- Easy to use and install
- Fits in small compact spaces
- Freestanding machine
- Front Load
- Adjustable feet
- Child lock feature for safety and to prevent tampering
- An Eco-Friendly cycle of 20-degree c.
- No Spin function for delicate clothes
- Cold Wash function
Why Does This Washing Machine Feature On Our List?
This machine is a great addition to our list due to its small compact size and interesting features like child lock and the automatic detergent dispenser. With adjustable legs, this Slimline Washing machine will easily fit into the tiny spaces inside your home. It also tends to save energy and water, making it an eco-friendly buy.
It’s Eco Wash feature further makes it environment friendly. Priced at £219.99, it is a moderately quoted option with great features. Its aesthetic appeal is another reason to complete the purchase.
This is one of our best Slimline Washing Machine choices as it provides a load capacity of 8kg. This is the largest load on our list for a small depth of 54 cm. Its dimensions are 85 x 60 x 54. Hence, it is ideal for individuals, couples, and families with small homes. The basic idea is that it can clean larger loads by occupying s small amount of space.
While it is pre-programmed, it has an excellent feature using which you can download the Android app for the machine. With this, you can alter the controls and activate the machine with just a touch of your phone. New programmes can be downloaded on the app and are executed by the machine.
It is a front-load machine with a speed of 1600 rpm and uses special drum action and spin speeds for deep cleaning experience. With an Energy Efficiency Rating of A+++, the appliance will save electricity and save you some big bucks.
- Freestanding machine
- Noise level of 82 dB
- 15 pre-set washing programmes
- Downloadable programmes on Android mobile app
- Easy to Install and Use
- Delayed start of 24 hours
- Rapid wash cycles of less than 60 minutes
Why Does This Washing Machine Feature On Our List?
We chose this Slimline Washing Machine as it had the highest load capacity with a competitive 24- hour delay timer. With excellent energy efficiency, it is one of the most economical compact machines in the market. This makes it a very cost-efficient option for families. Further, it comes at an RRP of £239.00. At Amazon UK, you can avail of a discount of 4% and buy the product for £229.00.
For the extensive list of features, it is a very pocket-friendly appliance. We recommend that you invest in it.
Compact Slimline Washing Machines are a blessing for any person or family that wants to save up on space, energy, and money. Our buying guide above has included the most popular questions asked when buying a compact washing machine. We now know that the depth and capacity of the machine are the most crucial factors when it comes to picking the best machine.
By carefully using our buying guide, we have customized a list of five best compact machines that will suit your specific needs. For busy bees, we have machines that have delay-timers. For big families with little space, we have an option that lets you maximize the load capacity while minimizing space. Pick from our options to make your laundry an easy affair.