Installing a new bathroom suite is considered to be a crucial investment and one that any homeowner may need to make overtime in their property. However, the total cost involved in the process varies depending upon whether you install the bathroom suit yourself as a DIY project or entrust the job to a skilled professional. Moreover, the skill set required for installation of new bathroom suite is also extensive, right from plumbing to electrical fitting, then not forgetting the decorating and painting, there are several aspects that need to be taken care of. With that in mind here is a guide to how much it may cost to install a bathroom suite:
What can affect the cost of a bathroom installation?
There are quite a few other factors that can vary in cost considerably depending on who you go with and what type of materials that you buy, however to try and give you a bit of a guide, here are a few of these factors:
- Electricals – Depending upon the electrical fittings and work that you need for your bathroom, the cost may vary from £300 to £500. It all depends what electrical fittings you want to install in your bathroom. For minimal fittings the cost is not too high, but for ultra modern bathroom the cost would obviously be higher.
- Tiling Your Walls – Tiling is another crucial aspect which affects the overall cost of your bathroom suite. The cost for wall tiling depends on the overall size of the bath area and the types of tiles you have selected for your bathroom. The average cost anywhere from a few hundred pound to around a thousand, but you can likely get this lower with some savy tile shopping.
- Plumbing – This is crucial aspect of a bathroom suite and it needs to be carefully considered. A large portion of the overall cost of installation goes on the plumbing. This includes the installation of sink, bath, shower, toilet and taps. The cost can range anywhere from £600 – £900 which depends on the plumbers day rate & the amount of work that is required, which may be determined by the size of your bathroom.
- Flooring – Another thing you have to consider, similar to your wall tiling is your flooring. You can keep the flooring cheap by just fitting a vinyl floor which tends to be the cheap solution, however if you want to tile your floor then obviously it may be a bit higher of a cost.
DIY vs Hiring A Professional Bathroom Fitter
As already mentioned, the first decision that you need to make is whether you want to do it yourself or get a skilled professional to handle it all for you, obviously a determining factor in this may be the cost of the two options. If you are planning on the DIY approach you will need to factor in the cost of buying the tools yourself & you also may still need to get a professional in to do things like the electrics. Obviously DIY can be cheaper if you know what you are doing & already have the correct tools at hand to do so, it may keep prices down if you do part of the job yourself as well, such as the removal of the existing bathroom.
That being said, if you don’t have the wide array of skills required to fit a bathroom such as plumbing, electrical fitting, painting and decoration, it is best to avoid approaching for DIY and entrust the project to skilful professionals who have the knowledge and expertise to handle the task.
If you choose to go with a professional bathroom fitter there are obviously a few benefits that come with that, such as:
- They will take care of everything right from installation of bathroom fittings to decorating
- Having a single point of contact for all the tasks makes it easy
- It will often be quicker than if you go for the DIY route
- If you run into any potential issues with wiring or pipes, they will be liable to take care of it
The overall cost of a bathroom installation
The point we are trying to make here is that the cost of installing a bathroom suite varies wildly depending on the various different aspects and amount of work that have to take place to complete.
As a ball park figure, expect to pay between £2000-2,500 for the installation alone, as fitted by a professional. That being said if you are able to handle somethings yourself, such as the removal and disposal of the bathroom or the painting and decorating aspect then you are going to chip away at this overall price.
Get a quote on a bathroom installation
Have you decided that you would rather have a professional take care of the work? If that is the case then we can easily put you in contact with local tradesmen & companies who will be able to quote on the job, making it easy for you to compare all your options. If you are interested, use our interactive quote form below: