When it comes to the energy efficiency of heaters, Dyson is up to 30% more efficient than normal space heaters. However, that is according to Dyson. In this guide, we will check whether Dyson’s claim is true and whether it is economical to run or it will cost you a lot more than necessary. We will be as impartial as possible.
The short answer is yes; they are very economical to run as they tend to be energy-efficient. Dyson heaters do their best at optimising the consumption of electricity. But, they are not more economical to run than other regular heaters on the market, especially when you compare them to oil heaters. However, Dyson heaters do have many advantages over other heaters.
Dyson heaters release warm, amplified air of up to 99 degrees celsius into your house using patented Air Multiplier Technology in a quickly, evenly, and forcefully manner. This feature makes them more energy-efficient devices.
Power consumption of Dyson heaters
Dyson Hot + Cool heaters are rated at 2000 watts, which is very high compared to other regular s[ace heaters, which mainly run on 1500 watts. The reason why it draws 2000 watts is to make it heat your room faster than other heaters. By drawing more power, it will obviously blast more air into your room in a shorter time. This possibly makes Dyson heaters faster. However, the heater uses 1500 watts to heat your room and the additional 500 watts and power its fan using the extra watts.
Dyson heaters run on 33% more power levels than other typical space heaters. This indicates they use more than 33% of energy. That makes using Dyson heaters more expensive to run, especially in uninsulated rooms if they continuously run on full heat to replace the heat lost. Therefore Dyson heaters will not be ideal for heating attics, workshops, open halls, or workshops.
So, we wondered why Dyson claims that their heaters use 30% energy. What we could find is that Dyson heaters have built-in thermostats that give you full control over the temperature settings. So, when you use a thermostat, you can decide to run the device at a lower temperature, thus using less energy.
Are Dyson heaters worth their price tag?
Dyson heaters tend to be more expensive than regular space heaters. What makes them expensive is their unique and amazing features. Most of its additional features allow you to enjoy the cooling and heating of your home more.
These features include wi-fi connectivity, heating modes, air purifiers, and other additional high-quality features. Moreover, another benefit you will get from Dyson heaters is their durability. Whichever Dyson heaters you go for, you are assured of a well-built body that will give you a longer service.
Furthermore, these heaters come in an amazing, unique, and simple design; their body design is so far one of the most unique from their other competitors. When you get a Dysonheater, it will add some aesthetic appearance to your office and home.
How economical are Dyson heaters
We have already established that Dyson heaters are excellent at providing energy-efficient heat. It uses a lot of energy in less time. You can also use the included thermostat to regulate the amount of heat produced by the Dyson heater to ensure less energy is used. When less energy is used, it means you will pay less when it comes to electricity bills.
When you compare Dyson heaters with regular fans, you will realise they run at a lower power consumption rate. It may look odd that heaters that use 2000 watts have a lower energy consumption than their counterparts which take 1500 watts of power. The issue here is how long these devices run and their power control capabilities. Dyson heaters heat the root at a higher rate, thus less run time, and you can control their rate of power intake using a thermostat. This feature allows lower power consumption which most regular heaters lack.
A perfect example is Dyson TP01 pure cool fan whose power rating is between 6 and 56 watts. When you run it continuously at a higher rating, it is likely to consume around 485 kWh of electricity. Although this seems too much, it is relatively lower than other standard ceiling or pedestal fans that use about 50 to 90 watts of power per hour. From that example, it is quite clear that Dyson uses less electricity than other heaters; even when it is a heater that takes up to 1500 or 2000 watts per hour, a Dyson heater will still take less electricity.
In addition, from the above example, you can see that Dyson heaters are relatively economical to run. When the electricity bill comes at the end of the month, you are likely to pay much less than necessary.
Our Best Dyson Heaters Recommendations
This Dyson heater will give you fast and even heating. It is energy-efficient, meaning you will pay less for your electricity bills. You can also use it to cool the temperature of your room at the same time. When it is in heater mode, the thermostat allows you to monitor the room to ensure it attains and maintains the target temperature. With such a future, it ensures no energy goes to waste.
The Air Multiplier Technology makes sure air accelerates through an annular aperture to create a high-velocity air jet. The heater consumes a maximum of 2000 watts. It has a lower centre of gravity, making it a stable device and can be placed anywhere in the room. It is designed with an LED display for clear reading. The magnetic control allows you to control the heater remotely. Its temperature is between 39 and 99 degrees celsius.
Below are the main features of this product:
- It has 10-speed settings.
- The heater offers a 45-degree airflow.
- It is designed with a brushless DC motor.
- It contains re-engineered airflow paths.
- The heater operates quietly, making it perfect for night use.
- It is a lightweight device weighing only 2.68 kg.
- The length of its cable is 1.8 m.
- The heater has a mixed flow impeller and Aerodynamic diffusers for quality performance.
This is a multi-functional tool. It acts as a space heater, air purifier, and fun. All you need to do is just activate the mode you need. As a space heater, you can use it for personal heating or fast room heating. With its excellent features, it will allow you to heat your room evenly. It heats with a thermostat control during the cold months to keep your room at optimum temperature. Also, the thermostat allows you to achieve a target temperature. The heater stops when the target temperature is reached, ensuring no energy goes to waste.
You can connect it to your home wi-fi to control it remotely and see real-time reports. Through this connection, you will be in a position to create your schedules using the Dyson Link App.
Below are the main features of this Dyson product:
- It is a multi-purpose tool that will purify your air and heat it at the same time.
- It allows for a wi-fi connection, which enables you to control it remotely.
- The thermostat allows you to control the heat produced.
- It comes in white or silver, complimenting most of your home interiors.
- It is a lightweight tool, and it can be moved easily from one room to another.
The dimensions of this Dyson heater are 64 x 18.5 x 22 cm (L x W x H). Its net weight is 2.68 kg, meaning it is a lightweight device. The product comes with one specific battery, and you can not power it using just any battery on the market. The Wattage of this Dyson heater is 2000 watts, meaning it will heat your room quickly and faster. With its lower decibels of just 64, you can operate it at night as it will not distract you while sleeping.
Below are the components of this product:
- It is a cordless device, meaning you won’t need an extension cable. This allows you to use it anywhere, even in areas with no electricity connection.
- You can control it using a remote.
- It is a lightweight device, making it more portable.
- It is an oscillating device.
The dimensions of this product are 95 x 28.4 x 28 cm (L x W x H). It produces only 56 dB of noise, allowing you to use it when you are sleeping. The net weight of this device is 8.64, making it more portable. You can also use it to cool air by just changing modes. Also, it is cost-effective, and it will make a huge difference for anyone who wants a heater that will help reduce the electricity bills. If you have a smart meter, you can compare your new Dyson heater with your previous regular heater.
This heater has excellent additional features that will allow you to operate it comfortably. You can link it to an app on your smartphone, allowing you to control it, even when you are not in the building or the room where you have placed it. With this heater, you can heat up your room before you get home from work.
Below are the main features of this product:
- You can control it remotely.
- It operates quietly.
- It is ultra-portable.
The Pros and Cons of a Dyson Heater
After mentioning some beneficial features of Dyson heaters, it will be proper to highlight the benefits you get from using these heaters. Also, we will bring out a few shortcomings of Dyson heaters.
- The first notable benefit of any of Dyson heaters is how uniquely they stand out. They come in a special design that makes them attractive devices. Their beauty makes them perfect for use in different places such as homes or offices.
- Dyson heaters ensure you get sufficient heating in your room, especially during cold seasons. They achieve this through their different and excellent heating modes, such as diffused modes and many more, making them ideal for home use.
- Some Dyson heaters are designed with blades, while others are bladeless. MostDyson models tend to be bladeless.
- They are safe for use, and you will have peace of mind, especially if you have children around. Dyson heaters’ surface hardly heats even when they are emitting heat.
- Another benefit of Dyson heaters is their portability. They have a compact and lightweight design, making them easy to move from one room to another.
- You can easily store them when not in use.
- Most fans are designed with brushless motors, making them durable machines.
- Dyson’s bladeless heaters allow you to use them anywhere.
- They tend to be more expensive.
- If you allow them to run full time at maximum temperature, they can use a lot of energy, making you pay more for electricity bills.
Although you will be forced to spend more on buying Dyson heaters, the heating quality you will get from them will be worth your money. They will change how you operate your home heating system and the money you spend on electricity bills. The cost of running them is less and incomparable with the great features and services it offers
With all the explanations above, you should understand that even though you will need to spend a lot purchasing any of the Dyson heaters, the cost of running it will be less. Most of the time, running Dyson heaters of any type is cheaper than budget space heaters on the market. When looking for a space heater, you should not focus on the cost of the heater rather than the features it has. A heater with great features will allow easy heating and comfort for the user. Moreover, you should put factors that surround your home into consideration when choosing a space heater.