There are some stains on surfaces, cars, driveways, objects, or concrete walls that cannot be washed away by using ordinary soap and water to clean it yourself. You need a pressure washer that will get the job done instead of a back-straining hand cleanup.
Pressure washers are high-pressure mechanical sprayers used to remove loose paint, mould, grime, dust, mud, and dirt from surfaces and objects such as buildings, vehicles, and concrete surfaces. The volume of a pressure washer is expressed in gallons or litres per minute, often designed into the pump and not variable
Pressure washers use a gas engine or electric motor to power a pump, which forces water at high pressure through a concentrating nozzle to quickly blast away accumulated grime on surfaces such as decks, driveways, and patios.
Let’s go through a review of the best portable pressure washers that you can find at amazon.
The Universal Aquatak has lots of accessories that will help with your cleaning. It is best for garden furniture, driveways, washing cars and so on. Not only is it effective, but it is also lightweight and easy to store in your garage or storeroom.
- It has a quick-connect SDS fitting that makes it easier to use.
- The water filter provides a clear view so it’s easy to maintain and protect the pump.
- There’s a suction tube for detergent or soap application.
- It also has a folding and extending handle that makes it easy to move around with.
- It combines a fan jet, rotary jet, and point jet in a single nozzle, allowing you to choose the right jet style for the job.
- For that kind of power cleaning, the universal Aquatak operates quietly.
- The self-priming pump allows you to draw water from a tank or water source.
- After putting in your soap, the universal Aquatak has a foam nozzle that allows for effective cleaning of cars.
- It comes with a guide with full control lances to teach you which type of pressure to apply for which job.
- This pressure washer has a suction tube that can be used to put soap or detergent into the machine.
- The Karcher K2 has the new targeted pressure regulation trigger gun which is a spec for a modern pressure washer.
- It also includes a T150 patio cleaner that is best for cleaning large surfaces of Patio, Decking, and Block paving.
- It has storage on it for things like the handle, the high-pressure guns, the full control lances, and the cable.
- This machine includes a home kit with a patio cleaner accessory and detergent.
- It cleans both small and large surface areas.
- With the help of the patio cleaner, it cleans large surfaces faster.
- You are in complete control of the type and kind of pressure you want to apply for surfaces.
- Finally, it is very easy to add detergent with the suction tube.
The Sun Joe Pressure Washer features a 20-foot-long, high-pressure hose, a 34-inch extension wand, and a 35-foot power cord, and it even comes with a garden hose adaptor. You can store two different types of detergent in the dual chambers, switching between them with the selection dial. This versatile power washer can be used for a variety of easy and tough tasks—our testers have put it to work on siding, decking, cars, and more.
- It is quite affordable compared to other pressure washers.
- Sun Joe works best for small cleaning tasks.
- Just like other electric pressure washers, it doesn’t make noise while operating.
- It doesn’t have the required power for large cleaning jobs.
- You need a constant electric outlet and supply to be able to use Sun Joe effectively.
- The wand is short.
There is a water-cooled induction motor contained in the Karcher K5. This induction motor expands the lifespan of the washer almost by 5 times. It also contains a 25-foot high-pressure hose and a 35-foot power cord. This pressure washer will be outstanding when used to wash cars, SUVs, and trunks. It can also take up harder jobs for the record.
- The Karcher K5 has a Dirt blaster spray wand that is suitable for cleaning hard surfaces.
- Its N-COR pump is durable, non-corrosive, and maintenance-free
- The Water-cooled induction motor increases life by up to 5 times.
- It has an outstanding 120 bar cleaning performance in a compact and easy to use pressure washer.
- The design makes it portable giving it a broad base for stability and extra storage for all the accessories included.
- There are variable power and nozzles you can rotate for thorough cleaning.
- It also contains a detergent nozzle for applying soap
- It comes with different accessories that you can use for different types of applications or cleanings like washing cars, removing stubborn dirt etc.
- You can control the Easy Aquatak cleaning power with the bosch auto stop system, the self-priming pump will help you to be efficient with the power.
- This pressure washer is light weighted and easy to carry due to its handle. You can effectively store it as it takes less space in storage.
The Wilks RX550i creates remarkably high pressure. In fact, this is the highest-pressure electric washer on the market. When you have 262 bar / 3800 PSI pressure at your disposal, you can complete jobs in record time. The immense power is created by a quality Wilks metal pump and copper wound motor. The air-cooled 3000-watt motor delivers the power you need to cut down cleaning times. Wilks only uses quality copper wound brush-less motors to offer unparalleled reliability.
- It includes all the needed accessories like the full extended gun and lance, the nozzles, adaptors, rotary brush, patio cleaner, and fixed brush.
- A detergent spray operation.
- Extra-long 26 Meter hose.
- It has a sleek and compact design that can enable you to do so much with a sizeable machine
- It has an auto turn off and auto-start system that knows when there’s water for use and when there’s no water for use.
- This pressure washer features a ” click and go ” system which makes using the unit very simple and quick.
The power level is enough to clean light or moderate dirty surfaces. It is also best for tidying and removing stubborn dirt and grime from the patio, fence, garden, car park, and garage areas around the house.
- The automatic start/stop system along with a durable aluminum pump makes this a reliable product.
- This basic pressure washer with a jet spray can clean an area up to 25 square meters per hour. A handy helper for car, bike, or garden furniture washing. Your items will look new and ready for use!
- The compact and efficient size of the Nilfisk C 110 bar Pressure Washer means it is portable to move around and simple to stow away, thanks to a built-in trolley system.
- To increase standard performance, this Nilfisk comes with Click&Clean connectivity for a range of optional accessories
- Multiple nozzle choice.
This is a portable and cordless pressure washer that you can use for effective surface cleaning. It operates with 20V when it comes to pressure washing or cleaning. It is light weighted and has a compact design that makes it easier for cleaning.
With up to 4x the pressure of a normal hose, The innovative Hydroshot is completely portable as it draws water from any source. Variable power for jobs from watering plants to washing cars. Share batteries, save money.
- Portable water and cleaning device eliminate bulky hoses and cords
- 3-4x more pressure than garden hose and nozzle
- Adjustable pressure settings: 0º, 25º, 40º, shower, mist
- Dual system design: watering and power cleaning
- Variable pressure control
- Pull fresh water from any remote source
- Lithium-ion battery technology: high capacity, no-self discharge, no memory effect
- completely portable so you can clean anywhere there is water, including using a bucket, bottle, stream, or pool.
Portable Pressure Washers Buying Guide
There are lots of possible questions that you might have as to the uses of a pressure washer. Operating a pressure washer is like operating an industrial machine. There are a few things you should know before choosing the best portable pressure washer that suits the kind of work you want to use it for.
When do I need a pressure washer?
Some stains go beyond back bending hand wash on large surfaces that need to be taken care of. These stains could be excess grease on your grill, plant residue, and so on. When you have stains like this, you should know that you need a pressure washer for it. It is useful for cleaning any exterior surface that has caked-on dirt, grease, plant residue, or other material across a large surface area.
There are different types of pressure washers with different qualities to suit what you want to use them for.
Since pressure washers are mainly used for larger or dirtier jobs, it also doesn’t make a ton of sense to use them on very small areas, unless it’s a stain that you just can’t get rid of. If it takes longer to pull the machine out and set it up than the amount of time, you’ll be using it, consider cleaning by hand.
What type of Pressure washer should I use?
There are majorly two types of pressure washers. They are electric and gas pressure washers. The price can range from about £80 for a low-end consumer-grade model up to thousands for larger commercial units.
The specs associated with pressure washers are pounds per square inch and gallons per minute. Psi tells you the force of the spray. GPM tells you the volume of water passing through the spray wand. If you want to save time and backache cleaning off your sidewalk, deck or patio, or maybe you’re looking for an easier way to wash the car, look for a pressure washer with specs under 2,000 psi and 2 GPM. You should be able to find one at your local home store for between £80 and £250.
For more cleaning power — maybe you have some tough stains on your driveway or your deck, or you want to clean the exterior of your house — look for a pressure washer in the range of 2,000 to 3,200 psi and 2 to 3.2 GPM. Most homeowners won’t need a pressure washer with higher specs.
Do I need safety precautions when using a pressure washer?
Pressure washers are like machines and they could harm you if you do not take precautions while operating them. There are heavy-duty pressure washers that shouldn’t be sprayed on live beings like plants and humans as mentioned above. When operating these heavy-duty pressure washers, make sure that there are no people within the reach of the surface you are cleaning. Also, keep it beyond the reach of children as it could cause lots of damages if operated by them.
It’s important to remember that pressure washers are not toys. You will definitely want to wear protective gear and avoid spraying other living things, such as pets, plants, or pesky neighbours.
For comparison, a standard garden hose probably has a psi of about 60, fire hoses start around 100 psi, and a medium-duty pressure washer can have a maximum pressure of 2,800 psi. Make sure to put on eye protection when you use a pressure washer. Ear protection isn’t a bad idea either for any loud, gas-powered model.
How long will a Pressure washer work?
There is no limit to the time to which a pressure washer can work. For Electric pressure washers, you need a stable electric outlet where you can use your pressure washer conveniently without any form of a time limit. And for Gas model pressure washers, the gas in the tank determines how long a pressure washer will work. So, if you have enough fuel residue, you can use the pressure washer for as long as you want.
How does a pressure washer work?
The trick to getting such high psi from a normal garden hose connected to your pressure washer is the pump. Each pressure washer, electric or gas, has a pump that pressurizes the water before sending it to the spray wand.
The pressure washer itself has one connection for a standard garden hose to bring water to the pump and another connection that connects the pump to a high-pressure hose that has the spray wand on the end of it. Most units have some type of siphon hose for detergents, and any electric pressure washer will have a power cord.
How do I know the right tip to use?
The spray wand of your washer should come with different interchangeable tips that allow you to customize the angle of spray for each job. Changing the angle of the spray also changes how hard the water will hit the surface. The sharper the angle, the less direct pressure on whatever surface you intend to spray.
A spray of 0 degrees concentrates the water into one small powerful stream. As you increase the angle, the spray spreads out across a wider area, which decreases the power of the spray at any one point. The greater the angle of the spray tip, the lighter the touch on the surface you want to clean.
There is no exact guide for which tip is most appropriate for which job. The combination of spray angle and the psi rating of your washer will determine the result. If you’re not sure about the hardiness of the surface you want to spray, start with the sharpest angle tip and work your way up.
How do I put soap in my pressure washer?
You can use almost any type of liquid soap or detergent with a pressure washer, although there are pressure washer-specific detergents for jobs of all types. Your pressure washer will have a siphon hose or basin of some type, which you fill with the desired soap. Make sure any detergent cutoff valves are on, and then you can run the pressure washer as you normally would.
Buying a pressure washer depends on what you want to use it for, and also the type of stain or surface that you want to clean. The best portable pressure washer in the market right now is the Bosch Home and Garden Easy Aquatak 120 High-Pressure Washer. It is portable at the same time, it has very powerful and can clean both small and large surfaces. You just need to control the pressure depending on the type of work.
However, if you’re looking for something that’s specifically meant for cars, go with the Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer. It has a built-in detergent tank, making it easier for washing vehicles. You can shop for these pressure washers at the amazon store for the best prices and delivery.